Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pure Evil

Pure Evil = Laundry, Laundry = Pure Evil

I have a love/hate relationship with laundry. Mostly just the hate part. I mean, I like having clean clothes, but can't I really just go by more?

It is NEVER done. It did not feel this bad when I was younger. Was it because I was single? Was it because my mommy used to do it for me. Definitely, the last is true, but that hasn't been the case for quite some time.

I have piles of it. Clean piles. Dirty piles. Piles to be ironed. Piles to be folded. Ugh. It gets me down man! It makes my knees hurt from standing and ironing. It makes me tired. Double ugh.

Anywhoo...just had to vent, because I'm taking a break, from, yep, you guessed it, LAUNDRY.

Blah.

On another note. It is Thursday. Thursday evenings are happy times. Every other Thursday we have small group with several couples from church. I am so happy we made the commitment for this as I am enjoying learning more and more about our new friends.

Also, Joe is starting work softball. He was supposed to start tonight, but church group got moved. So we'll start next week...we're the on/off reliever. I am happy to be headed back to the ball fields for what I hope to be much shorter, less nerve-wracking games! One thing I know, Joe will not be pitching... =)

5 comments:

KarenD said...

Man, when you add a baby in the mix, your laundry load count goes way up, and you wonder how can one small person add so much to our laundry and dishes. How?

Lydia said...

We just folded a huge pile of laundry today. I agree. It's awful.

Margie said...

I hate the never ending laundry pile too -- but I hate doing dishes even more!

Lydia said...

Oh man, I'm with you on the dishes! That's never ending, too! Why can't we live in a completely disposable world. Seriously, it can't be THAT bad for the environment. Right??

koala brains said...

I have no problems washing the clothes, I just hate folding and putting them away. I have a stack of folded clothes on the dryer right now that's been sitting there for a week. Slack...