Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Adventures of No, No, Bad Dog.


Hello dear readers. Let me introduce myself to you. My name is No, No, Bad Dog. Some of you may have seen me in person or on this site under the guise of my alter ego, Ryker.

You ask, "Why the two identities, Ryker, I mean, No, No, Bad Dog?" I shall try to explain, dear reader.

As you all know there are some things in life you yearn to do, feel compelled to do, seem to do, but you don't want to. When these deeds are done, you might say, "oh, if only I had a secret identity, then no one would know it was me!" For me, I have such a luxury. In these necessary, but sometimes unwanted times, I am No, No, Bad Dog. I am free to cower, smile, shake or whatever the moment deems appropriate -- and no one is wiser that it is I, Ryker Stryker O'Brien, Cutest Puppy in the World.

You may have heard of some of my earlier adventures. I am a young pup, and I can assure, there will be more. But for this post, I shall tell you of my latest adventure.

My folks decided that they wanted to run a few errands before a very important first birthday party for my friend, Jonathan. My folks left me. In the yard. By myself! NOT COOL!

This is almost always a catalyst to bring out No, No, Bad Dog. And today was no different.

After weeks of planning and carrying out daring escapes in instances just like this, I have come to aquire a very well fortified back yard. My man folk, Joe, likes wood just as much as I do. But for some reason he doesn't scratch or eat his? He used it to build a big fence (which I ate through...at least 3 times so far). I also dug underneath it (at least 5 times). So he decided to strengthen it with concrete and a wood peremeter and a new rock path.

Neat. Don't they know this cannot stop No, No, Bad Dog?

As I said. They left me! Not cool! However!!! I found a weak point in Joe's plans...a tiny area between the fence, garage and driveway. It had newly tilled soil, just perfect for digging. So I went to town!!!!
I was almost free. But my stupid big head could not QUITE make it through the hole yet before my folks got home.

They saw the hole. They opened the fence. They did not see their precious, lovable Ryker - no - they met their arch nemesis, No, No, Bad Dog. Covered in mud!!!! (Did I mention it had rained, and the dirt was quite muddy?)
My lady folk, Leanna was spitting mad. They had to leave in a little less than an hour. And here I set. Muddy, crusty and a giant hole in the back yard.
Somehow, Joe wandered off and it was Leanna's job to deal with me. She tried to hose me off outside, but I would have none of it. She then decided she needed to get me to the tub, but how. And as soon as she opened the door to the house, I ran in and -- SHOOK! Yep, I shook in all my muddy glory!

That was it! She had it! She picked me up and ran! Right to the water torture room. Ugh! It took three bath fulls of water to get most of the mud off. She need something else to help get the rest off, but when she turned her back. Yep, I jumped out and shook again! In all my muddy, watery glory.

Joe then sought out poor Leanna all alone with me, came to the rescue and finished me off in the water torture device while she cleaned up my mess all over the house.

Ahhh, it didn't end quite as I hoped. They still left me. With my dopey side-kick (not by choice) Ursa. But I do believe this was a wonderful day for No, No, Bad Dog!

Stay tuned for my next adventure...

3 comments:

Lydia said...

No, No, Bad Dog looks quite proud of himself in the first picture!! This story is too funny! But oh my gosh, I would be mad. At least it makes for a good story, right?

Right???

Carolyn said...

Why do these things always happen when you're on a schedule???

Great story but I would've been mad, too. Maybe an electronic fence device would work?

KarenD said...

No, no Bad Dog looks pretty darn proud of himself!