Friday, June 27, 2008

A House Update

I've noticed I haven't really posted that much about the inside of our house. We're still working on decorating -- waiting for paintings to come, tables to be built, curtains and so on -- as you must with a young couple's budget.

However, we have done some things...

Our Bedroom:
- In our entryway, I was able to frame a few proof pages from a book of Texas Photography that we worked on at the press. The bottom one has puppy paws going up the sand dune, and it just makes me think of Ryker...I love that little guy.

- One whole wall is finished in here! Exciting I know. We painted the entry way and the back wall a peanut butter- esque hue and accented it with a framed poster from our vacation spot last Labor Day. I love that the photo almost takes on a sepia tone, but it's actually just the depth of color from the sky and the sands - awesome!
- I'm waiting on some dark stained shelves to put on the left side of the bed and some wires so we can actually put the TV in its proper location.
The Living Room:
- This one's mostly done I think. We may add a collage, painting or mirror to the wall by the French doors. And we're eagerly looking forward to the day when we can put on a nice natural wood mantel.

As for the rest of the house, I'm finishing up the chair rail in the dining/sitting room, Joe's got on his honey-do list to build an entry table (to look like this one from Pottery Barn), and a hutch for the kitchen corner. (He's really awesome, as he's made all the wood furniture in the living room!)

Hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse and if you'd like to see it in person or stop by to decorate for me, just give me a call!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Very cool! I like the b/w prints on the wall! When we get a house, I'd like to relook at all the stuff I have. I did that coming here, and simplified what was on my wall by a ton, but now I think I want NEW stuff, not just less stuff. Never satisfied. :) Your home looks like a comfy cozy place to hang out!

Emily said...

It looks great! I am so impressed with how handy the two of you are. I was super shocked when I realized that Joe had MADE all the furniture in your living room, he is so talented.
Can't wait to see you in a few hours!

LeahNicole said...

I love your house!!! I'm so obsessed with HGTV right now because we are about to move into our condo.