Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Dental Delima

It has been a bit too long since I have gone to see the dentist in the past year or so due to lack of insurance, lack of correct insurance and lack of will.

However, I decided to bit the proverbial bullet on Monday and go to the dentist. I called and said they could get me in that afternoon...ok...fine...I'll go.

All went well, said my teeth looked to be in great shape except for a few little worry spots. One of these worry spots seemed to be more worrisome than the others, so they asked that I come in for the dreaded filling...yippee. I was ok with this as it had been quite some time that I'd been to the dentist and I was expecting them to say my mouth was rotting out or something much more serious!

So, I go in for my lovely appointment at around 11 a.m. yesterday. I get called back, they start the numbing stuff then jab the local anesthetic needle in my mouth...Yaowweee! My gums might have been numb in some areas, but not all! Ok...dentist says "it needs to set about 5 minutes to take full effect." Joy...so I get my book and start reading...when all of the sudden. The winds pick up; the rain begins to fall; THE POWER GOES OUT!!!

WHAT! I am sitting here with a half numb mouth and the power goes out? NOT ACCEPTABLE! I wait for AN HOUR talking, with some difficulty, to the hygienists, looking at the rain and reading my book PRAYING the lights will come back on...to no avail.

I have to come back! I HAVE TO COME BACK! I'm sorry...dentists do a good thing for us, but it's not an enjoyable thing and it's not something I want to experience every day this week!

So I make my appointment for the next day (today) and head home with my numb mouth to find the power out at home and a soggy dog that got left out in the rain. Joy. I didn't even get total feeling back in my mouth until around 3:30. Arg!

So, I leave in a bit for Round 3! Please, dental gods, be kind.

2 comments:

LeahNicole said...

Sux. Totally sux. But quite funny nonetheless. And your puppy is adorable.

Emily said...

Tragic, but stinkin funny all at the same time (since it didn't happen to me). I think you deserve a little salsa for all the effort you are putting into having flawless teeth.