Monday, June 30, 2008

Good Things

There are so many good things happening this week, I'd just like to share a few...

1. HOMEMADE SUGAR COOKIES
I got out an unused-to-date cookbook with so many wonderful goodies, and I just felt compelled to make these simple cookies. They should be ready in about an hour...if you'd like to sample stop on by.
2. SWIMMING
My sister is house-sitting at the 'Big House' for the last time, as the home's super nice family is moving to Minnesota, BUT we get one last weekend to feel like we are rich and enjoy a great pool and a great kitchen over the 4th weekend.3. KABOOM TOWN!
This is one of the highlights of the year for me. If you know me at all, you know I am enthralled with fireworks (and yes, fire by itself, but that's for another day). We've started up a tradition by heading up to the world headquarters of O'Brien Engineering in Addison to enjoy a bit of food, the direct overhead fly-bys of the old war planes and then the evening's fireworks. LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
4. DEAR FRIENDS
One of my dearest friends, Brianna and her husband Matt (soon to be a dear friend too!) are headed into Dallas this weekend. I pretty much get to share all of the above with them and hopefully a lot more. This is my first time meeting Matt as life has gotten in the way of our visiting before now, but I'm sure we'll make up for lost time, right Matt?
5. MY PUPPY
Sorry, I'm a nerd. I'm still a happy new puppy mom, even if it's been 4 months or so. Heck, after you've waited 26 years, you get to be happy for quite a while, right?

4 comments:

Leanna said...

side note: the sugar cookie recipe was a bust. It was a little too flaky without much taste...looks nice, but no buttery goodness to back it up. Boo.

Anonymous said...

What a fun puppy picture! The blur of puppy movement and happiness!

Matt & Bri said...

yeah for coming to dallas! i can't wait to see your house and meet your puppy.

Lydia said...

I have yet to go swimming this summer, and I can't wait!