Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Joe's a Blue Thunder Baller!


I'd like to congratulate the newest member of the new Continental Baseball League's Tarrant County Blue Thunder -- my husband JOE!

That's right, he's just signed his life away to be a star pitcher for the new league. From May til August we'll be baseball playin', watchin' crazy people. Check out the schedule below and we'd love to have you guys come out and cheer on the Blue Thunder against the arch enemies, The Lewisville Lizard, The Texas Heat and the Bay Area Torros (Houston).

http://www.cblproball.com/pdf/CBL%202007_Schedule.pdf

I'll also need to start getting my new t-shirt ideas and cheers lined up.
Ideas so far:
1. The blue care bear - Ok, they're Thunder. What's that really? So I thought how about the little Care Bear with the cloud on his tummy? And then everyone in the stands could do the Care Bear Stare when the opposing team's batter is up? (Joe is not thrilled about this one...)

2. The Cloud Heads - make big puffy cloud hats and have sheets of metal we can ripple for thunder?
3. The team shirt - boring!
4. The Original - A few summers ago, my pal Lydia and I made Fan shirts for Joe's many games during college and summers. Lyd, is it time to make the bested "Joe's Biggest Fan" shirts ever?

I'm excited! We're excited! Let's play ball!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!

I'm in favor of the Care Bear Stare, because that makes me laugh.

Otherwise, "thunder" is a little hard to portray on a t-shirt, so I think the fan shirts are the best bet. :) And they're fun!

Checking out the schudule now....

Margie said...

Congrats! I like the care bear stare. It's funny.

T said...

Congratulations! That is great!! :)

Carolyn said...

Congratulations to Joe! How exciting he's playing in a league! He'll get spotted by a scout, and the next thing you know...it's the majors!! Hooray Hooray!

KarenD said...

Are we still doing Bear Ball? What about tshirts for that?