Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Bear Ball dates

What works for everyone?
Stand up and vote for your choice of dates for the First Annual Bear Ball Tournament and Picnic!

April Sat. 21 or Sun. 22
April 28 or 29
May 12 or 13
May 20

Sorry folks, May 19th has been removed from the list. It is sister and sister-in-law's birthday weekend AND I have been informed I have to work a bike ride at Texas Motor Speedway for work.

If you have the morning available, you should come out to the bike ride. It's $18 bucks a person, you get to ride on the TMS track (where the race cars go) and all proceeds go to local charities! =)

Let me know if you have any fun park location ideas. I know there is one in Coppell.

I'm excited, are you excited?

6 comments:

Lydia said...

There's a park here where we've played softball before (near the pretty church you looked at for your wedding).

And my vote is the May 19th one you mentioned. We could also do April 28, but didn't want to exclude J&K.

KarenD said...

I'm good with either date in May. I'd prefer the 12-13, but at this point the 19th still works for us, too.

The park I am thinking of is in Ft. Worth, and it's near my parents' house. It was nice when I was a kid, with a ball park and a pavillion with grills, a playground BUT I have noticed some parts of my parents' neighborhood going downhill. It would need to be inspected first, and when we did church stuff there, we reserved it, I think.

Anonymous said...

I vote for either May 12 or sometime in April. May 13 is Mother's Day . . . I don't know if that affects your schedule. I think a park in Coppell/Irving may be more centrally located for everyone. Fun, fun!!

Jennifer

T said...

Any date at all works for us right now. T-shirts sound fun! I've got my iron ready!

Lydia said...

The park I checked out does not have a grill like I'd thought.

KarenD said...

I'll be in Ft. Worth this weekend and that park is by my parents' house. I'll try to remember to scope it out. (It's right off I-35, so easy access.)