Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Baseball

So some of you may have heard of my belated April Fools Joke I played on my very understanding friends the Norvells. I may have stated in a frantic phone call that Joe had been called up to play with a minor league baseball team. Now most would be, yeah right, like that would ever happen. But most people don't have a husband who has a "sick slider" or a 90mph fast ball.

We have been working, praying and playing for a chance just like what I fibbed about, and we're still pursuing that dream. Last week Joe had the opportunity to try out for the new Intercontinental baseball league starting up right here in the Metroplex. With a great showing, he was offered a spot, BUT then we learned that it would be an all-week commitment for about 3- 4 months, with a 2-week training period. While that is contrary to what the league chairman first told Joe, we are still hoping for a compromise that will allow Joe to possibly be a floater for the teams.

So keep us in your prayers, get your gloves ready and maybe, just maybe, we can watch my sexy hubby play some ball!

PLAY BALL Y'ALL!!

No comments: