Monday, May 07, 2007

BearBall Update - THIS SATURDAY

Yep, we're still on for this weekend and beautiful weather!

Location

To come tomorrow. We're working on a Central location for our E. Dallas, Flower Mound, Fort Worth and Beyond friends!

Shirts

I'm sorry I failed you, I didn't have time to make them. Life's busy. Please don't hate me!
BUT!! I have another idea that I would like to propose. Our church is selling shirts to raise money for an organization called "Water is Basic" that has already raised enough money to purchase a drilling rig and one well for the war-torn area of Sudan.

www.waterisbasic.org

The shirts are on sale for $15 (reg. $20) each, and are really cool. A brown color with yellow water jugs.
I know it's a little steap, but its a great cause that Joe and I will continue to support and could be a great way to spread the word. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get an order ready. Otherwise no biggie!

Food

Three options here.
Option 1 - Brown bag - everyone bring their own food and we'll have a picnic
Option 2 - Assignments! Each player(s) is in charge of bringing certain item
Option 3 - We make a Sam's run and every body brings $5-10 bucks (depending on what we get!) and we share and grill out!

Things to Bring!
1. A smile
2. A glove
3. A bat if you have it
4. Tennis shoes
5. Baseballs (I'm sure we can cover that), Softballs, kickballs?, volleyballs?
6. Food - to be determined soon!
7. Sun screen - let's all be safe!

Blogger issues! Ok, I don't know if it is Safari or my computer or what - but I don't have the buttons to post links, to bold or anything besides just straight text. Anyone know what's up with that???

10 comments:

Lydia said...

For the food options: Option 1 would be the easiest, and probably cheapest. Option 3 requires a grill, but sounds really yummy! I guess you could grill with Option 2, as well. And it wouldn't require a shopping trip to cut into our day o' fun. Hey, we have 4 burgers! It won't feed everybody, but it's a start!

I choose Option 2. :)

I have a softball and football, and a soccer ball that needs to be aired up.

If you really want, you could do < b > (but no spaces) in the "edit html" part of the posting window, to make things bold. (Use < / b > to end the bolded section.) And a link is < a (there is a space here) href = "www. whatever you want . com" > then put your text, then < / a >.

Tada! A lesson in html! :)

Leanna said...

I tried and it mocked me. I already know how to do that!!! I am a Web pro. Well not really, but I did try that.

Lydia said...

Yeah, after I posted I realized you probably already knew that. Whoopsie. :) You should download Firefox. It's the bestest. :)

Margie said...

What's FireFox?

Lydia said...

Firefox is a browser that is more standard-compliant than IE, for example. I also think it's easier to use. Jon still prefers IE. Firefox has some nifty things for web developers. I'm not one of those people, but it makes me feel cool. :)

T said...

I don't know which option this is...but I think we should get fried chicken and potatoe salad and dr pepper and all pitch in for the cost.

Don't worry about the shirts!

Any word on the location?

I am excited!!

KarenD said...

On food... whatever is easiest is best. (Like Teresa's idea) I would imagine it would be hard to divvy up food assignments on a blog three days before an event. Sorry, that's just the planner person in me.

But whatever y'all decide is fine by me... just let me know what to bring. :-)

Leanna said...

Ok, Captian Negative (aka karen), I have your phone number! =) I can call you!

On food, that's not a bad idea...let me think!

Leanna said...

On fields:

Best ones I've seen so far have been in Coppell. I've driven around a little and the ones in Irving are either ghetto or small. Still looking at something in Mid-cities area.

KarenD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.