Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy Happy Holidays

This year I got to share Christmas with my bestest friend, my husband, my love -- Joe!

I had so much fun with family and friends. We spent the holidays in Houston with my family. We enjoyed the Christmas train across the street at our neighbors (with 50+ of our closest friends), we had tamales, we had cajun chowder, we got to experience the new preacher at our parents' church (talk about trial by fire on Christmas!), we opened so many lovely gifts, we watched movies, some of us got sick! (me), I found out my friend got engaged!!!!! (CONGRATS DINA!!), and we celebrated the birth of our Savior.

I can't think of a better way to spend the holidays...unless you were going to give me more time off, which I would readily accept by the way.

So in the spirit of giving, I would like to include the awesome recipe my mom prepared over the break! Enjoy!!

Cajun Corn Chowda'

Ingredients:
2 – 12 oz bags Crawfish tails
1 – stick Margarine
1 pint Half & Half – Non Fat
8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese – Fat Free
1/4 cup Green onions – chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cans Potato soup
2 cans Niblet whole corn
1 can Rotelle Original diced tomatoes
Salt
Black Pepper

Directions:
1. Spray a relatively large pot with Pam.
2. Add the two bags of crawfish tails, stick of margarine, and chopped green onions.
3. Sauté for ~ 10-minutes in the large pot over medium heat.
4. Add the 8-oz of cream cheese, 1-can of cream of mushroom soup, 2-cans of potato soup, 2-cans of niblet corn, 1-can of Rotelle tomatoes, and 1-pint of half & half.
5. Cook … bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer the chowder for at least 20-minutes.
6. Add to taste … little salt, little black pepper, and a dash of red pepper.

Eat:
Best enjoyed when shared with friends or family!

Serves:
15 people … can easily be doubled.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Do you think I can find crawfish tails in my grocery store here? That would be in the frozen food section, right?

Sounds yummy! I just bought a HUGE pot for the gumbo we had over Christmas, so I think we're good to go!

Leanna said...

I think so, at least that's where my mom found her's. But she's in Houston you know, closer to our Cajun Cousins!!

Ummm...I would imagine you could supstitute with baby shrimp, but how sad. =(

It was sooo good too. I'm usually not a big fan, but with a little bit of Tony's (my mom's kind of a wuss on those things), it's fab-O!

KarenD said...

Mmmm... recipe sounds good. Thanks for sharing!