Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's official!

It's official folks. I have filed my name change with the government! I am now and forever always to be "Leanna Michelle O'Brien."

I debated long and hard as to keep Michelle or make Pate my middle name. I like my middle name. I sign everything with my middle initial. What would I do without it?

But then I was sad that I would be leaving Pate behind. I love being a Pate. I love my Pate family! I didn't want them to feel like I was just ditching them.

So I called my mom to ask her for her wise opinion and she said, "Ehh, whatever it doesn't really matter." So you wouldn't be sad if I didn't use it??? "No, why??" -- so there you go!

I will always be a Pate at heart, but now I get to be an O'Brien. In fact, an LMO! (elmo!!!)

So, look out world, here I come.

(Sorry, I was having a Mary Tyler Moore moment!) :)

5 comments:

KarenD said...

You know, I didn't really have too much attachment to my maiden name, although it was a cool name indeed. I still have snippets of it here and there... like on my blog or my yahoo instant messenger name.

Leanna said...

The lady at the office also took my old social security card and shredded it. I was like, "oh, you're taking it??"

She kindly offered to wait until I left to shred MY WHOLE IDENTITY, but I was a big girl and let her do it.

BTW, the new show Identity. Joe and I sadly watched it last night and it was NOT GOOD. But they funny thing was that they had Jordan Knight from the New Kids on the Block, and the lady playing had NOOO idea! Made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this bit of moving forward into married-ness! It is sad to leave behind your maiden name,but in a few years, believe me, it will seem strange to hear it roll off your tongue. You know, like when you talk to a friend of your parents and say, "I'm Leanna Pate, you know, Greg and Carol's daughter." Then it will seem totally weird to hear that "Leanna Pate" together instead of "Leanna O'Brien" !!

Leanna said...

Teehee! Thanks. I am excited and the best part was how excited it made Joe.

It is so cool to have it mean so much to him. We are now, in the eyes of the goverment too, a family.

We were talking about how this Christmas will be so great even though he can't be with his family, because we've missed each other so much over the past few years.

So here's to making family memories!

Anonymous said...

My middle name is Michelle too. I was a little sad about loosing my middle name too but Michelle is prettier than Bland.