Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Quarter Century

Yep, that's right! As we hunker down, curl up and try to stay warm during DFW's arctic blast, I get to celebrate my 25th birthday.

Well, it has been great. My parents braved the weather and drove in on Friday, we had fun, we laughed, and most important, I got presents! =) j/k!

One of my favorite things we did this weekend was host a murder mystery party, kindly held at the home of Joe's parents. We all arrived at the Deadwood Saloon for some gambling, food and murder. Our friend Allan sadly died and it was my own father, aka Montgomery Money who committed the foul deed! A true night of laughs! Hopefully we can show pictures soon!

Well, I am off to enjoy the rest of my birthday day with my wonderful hubby by our fire reading, watching football (Joe) and drinking hot chocolate!

(On a side note: it iced and snowed the day I was born too -- in Southeast Texas of all places!! -- what a trooper my mom was!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a cool idea for a party!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday TO you...
Happy BIRTHday dear Leannie...
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!

(sorry I didn't sing on the phone. you'll just have to imagine it. :) )

So glad to have made it through so many birthdays with you! I'm excited for what the next year holds for you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day, Leanna! Neat party idea... send details of how one organizes such a thing. My Bible study group would like it.

What was your favorite present???

Leanna said...

@ Carolyn - Joe gave it gift certificates to the Bass Pro so I can get a fishin' pole and some camping stuff. I've never been there and I looking forward to all our adventures.
-- We found the game online, paid for it and downloaded the 62-page document. There are some things we'd do differently -- like plan a little bit better, but it was fun. You can get them from 8-30 ppl.

@Lyd - Weren't you in Nederland when my mom picked us up in the suburban when it was icing and limbs were falling and you had no power and we all went to Mazzio's -- that was so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a little late! :)