Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Perfect Pansy

As a relatively new house owner still, I thought I'd try my hand at planting some pansies at the first of this year.

I always love when people have tons of colorful pansies in the midst of a usually gloomy and cold time of year. So, Ryker and I set out to plant our two flats of newly aquired flowers one gorgeous January day. Do you know how LONG it takes to plant those stupid things if you don't have one of those nifty hole diggers...a LONG time! And the silly dog that can dig is NOT helping.

Anyways, I did it and vowed not to buy any more flowers for a while, even though we could have used a few more to make it look fuller.

Now it has been a few months, and my pretty pansies are still bloomin' like no tomorrow. I used all different colors because I thinkit is more fun that way. And yesterday I came across the perfect pansy, so I took his picture. I did a little tweeking on this first image and it made the color muted, so that's why there are two.
And, wouldn't you know it, Ryker was so excited by the fruits of our (my) labor, he decided to do his "Happy Puppy Dance." If you have not witnessed this dance in person, you are in for a treat -- pure puppy joy at its finest!

2 comments:

KarenD said...

Pretty pansy! And silly puppy. :-)

Lydia said...

Aw, I love the happy puppy dance! I especially like the shot where he's looking at the camera.