Friday, September 26, 2008

A bit of inspiration...

So, all it took for my to find my inner seamstress (yeah right) was the announcement that my buddies Lydia and Jon were going to have a baby Caleb! That started me on a roll to create a few little baby gifts and other crafts.

Here are a few that made a recent appearance at Lydia's shower:

A few little balls for a precious little boy. Soft and squishy to mouth on and and get his pitching arm into shape!
A swaddle blanket for the little man, complete with zoo animals.
A contoured burp cloth.
A lovey blankie complete with little tabs, perfect for a curious Caleb.
A few other burp cloths that just had to be made...All Boy!
Lydia's favorite print of the season.
Circles and dots...just too darn fun!

6 comments:

KarenD said...

Can I request a ball for Ian? Your stuff is WAAAAY cute! Good job... glad I could, er, contribute in some way. :-)

Carolyn said...

All those handmade items are SO cute. Perfect for that little boy, I know!

T said...

This all looks so great! I am interested in how you make those balls. They look complicated!

Leanna said...

Karen, you got it!
Teresa, it's not hard, i found something like it on some site and just did my own kinda simpler thing on it. You just have to cut out contoured pieces -- sew two -- sew those to another two -- sew four to another four and there you go!

Lydia said...

I LOVE everything you made, and I'm pretty proud of you for your ability, too! It wasn't that long ago that I was teaching you to sew a curtain, and now look at you! I agree with T: the balls seem complicated! I know Caleb will love them. And everything is so useful, we'll see them every week, if not every day!

Emily said...

Leanna you are amazing! I am really impressed that you are already this good i such a short amount of time. I can't wait to have another baby so that I can snag some of these goodies.