Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh, Sew Crafty...

(A.K.A. - we all have to start somewhere)

Over the past few days, the craft bug has hit me. And I broke out the sewing machine that my friend who shall remain nameless for her own safety has let me borrow.

I first started off with a t-shirt for my favorite new two-year-old for her birthday. This one I did by hand because I wanted to, and because it was probably safer. I am really happy with how it came out and I think she was too! (well she was, two, oh, you get it...)
Then I thought this morning, I am tired of losing my cell phone in my big tote that I have been using this summer, so I decided to make it a little tote of it's own I can attach either on the strap or the zipper inside. It's lined with a fun polka-dot fabric on the inside.

Next, my friend mentioned she needed a glasses case for her sun glasses. I said, let me try! I NEED the practice. So this is what I came up with - complete with a nifty ribbon to attach where needed. Hope it works!

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Hooray hooray! A glasses case just for me!! I can't wait to put it in my bag. My sunglasses will thank you!

Anonymous said...

These are all so cute! Do I see an Etsy store in your future? I like the sunglasses case idea, the hard ones take up too much room in the purse but my glasses are always getting scratched up!

KarenD said...

You are a crafty one! How fun!

Let's see, what do I need...

Carolyn said...

Good work, Leanna! These are very cute and well-made. You should be proud of yourself.

Emily said...

LOVE the shirt!

Margie said...

I love the shirt!! You're quite good with the sewing machine my dear.