Sunday, October 01, 2006

6 Days and Counting...


Wow, I can't believe it. This Sunday marks the week of our wedding. The final countdown. The beginning of the beginning. I am excited, overwhelmed, giddy and thankful. Now, let's go through all of these.

I am excited because it is a moment I have waited for for several years. It is when my love and I will be united and begin our new family. It is also an opportunity to get to see so many of our friends and family that we love and have shared our journey with.

I am overwhelmed because there are still A LOT of things to do. We are getting the programs printed, we have odds and ends to buy, we have to pack, we have to organize and we have to get there and everywhere in between on time. Dear Lord, thank you for blessing me with an organized sister and accommodating friends!

I am giddy because I get to be Mrs. O'Brien. Next Sunday at this moment I can say I am Joe's wife! And all that goes with that... AND we get to go to a tropical beach to somewhere we have never been and have our first grown-up vacation! Fruity fun drinks here I come! (and I giggle when I get tipsy! = giddy!)

I am so very thankful for all of my family and friends that have supported Joe and me through our journey together. It has not been easy and it has not always been fun, but I feel that God has a purpose for our lives and a purpose for our lives together. I am also thankful for those of you that have put up with my frustrations and freak-out moments; you are oh, so kind!

Wow...all this and it will just be over in a few days! No, not really. We have our whole lives ahead of us to enjoy each other, know God and grow! I hope you'll be a part of it with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you'd post this week because it is such an important time for you and Joe. I wanted you to stop a few moments to savor the emotions. Your post is perfect for that. I can't wait to see you Saturday. I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride glowing with happiness. All the frustration will subside when you see Joe's face at the end of the aisle. :)

KarenD said...

AWWWW! I love the new pic, too!