Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mishaps and Misadventures

Ok, so that was the sentimental post. Now, here's a few freak-out moments throughout the course of our engagement.

1. Church saying minister was booked and didn't offer anyone else.
2. Church asking us to postpone or call off wedding due to misunderstandings.
3. Dress store being dress Nazi and not honoring their coupon or willing to compromise.
4. Dress not having straps that were ordered with it.
5. Dress straps going to college station instead of to my new house.
6. Receiving wonderful gifts and stacking them to the ceiling because our poor little apartment has no storage.
7. The stupid program is not in the order that the ceremony is in. Jenni! FIX IT!! (at midnight!)
8. Calling to pay off, engrave and ship wedding rings from College Station. What is with that place!
9. Receiving wedding rings from College Station with our inscriptions and our wedding date of 1.7.06!
10. Calling Joe, WE ARE NOT GETTTING MARRIED LAST JANUARY!!! What do we do!!?? Please laugh, Joe, Joe? Why are you not saying anything?
11. Joe calming down and telling me to ship the wedding rings back, me freaking out now...NO!!! We need them! We must keep them! FedEx will lose them!
12. Ordering favors and getting confirmation that will arrive in time.
13. Musicians telling me they are not able to play one of our songs.
14. Rejoicing when soloist says he can play the special song! THANK YOU!!

--Yep, those are just a few, and I'm sure there will be more. Let me know if you have any fun stories about my wedding or others that you feel led to share!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe all the "freak outs" !! It is hard trying to organize a wedding in different cities with a move in-between. Just take a deep breath and concentrate on the things that are really important. The rest will take care of itself or won't be missed.

Is there anything I can do to help you this week?

KarenD said...

Darnit... I had a dream about your wedding last night, but now I can't remember the details. (I woke up thinking I need to comment on your blog about it!)

The best part about planning the wedding is that when the actual day comes, the planning is over, and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Lydia said...

I had a dream about your wedding last night, too! And I don't remember it, either. I remember it being about the preparations, and we never made it to the actual wedding. But now it's here! Tomorrow is the day!! WOOHOO!!!!!

KarenD said...

Wahoo! Only a day away!