Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lace, Laughs and Cheesecake!

This weekend we had tons of fun -- as we are less than three weeks away from the big day, we had a blitzkrieg shower weekend.

It all started in Fort Worth at Joe's Aunt Nancy's at a shower hosted by Nancy, her daughter Julie and my Grandma BG. We had fun, talked, shared insightful wisdom and just enjoyed each other's company. I got all sorts of fun gifts including our pots and pans set from Joe's family and some really nifty hand-painted coasters from Lydia. She's so crafty!!

So then we went on from there to Irving, where I live, for a night of girly fun. We started at Mi Cocina and had some good Mexican food and margaritas. The mothers even came and we had lots of fun. I even had a sparkly veil and a "bride to be" shash to wear proudly -- thanks to Angela.

We then progressed to Joe's sister's house where we indulged in desserts, opened gifts that came in little pink boxes and some that are just fun to pamper oneself with. The highlight was the "homemade lingerie" contest. Now that was a hoot! Who knew ribbons and cotton balls could be so fun!

Girls, thanks for all the laughs and the memories. I am so glad I have so many wonderful friends!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Hahaha! It was fun! It makes me laugh to think about it. I'm glad you had a good time, because that was, after all, the point!

It was good to get to hang out for the weekend!

KarenD said...

Wahoo... I had fun, too!

KarenD said...

One week! So exciting!