Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Here!

Summer!

We made it! Now what??

I have so enjoyed watching O grow and learn this last year in his preschool. Now he's out for summer. And I feel overwhelmed. What do I do to entertain this spitfire 7 days a week now? Any summer fun suggestions or learning plans would be greatly appreciated.

Movies!! Summer movies are here too. Joe and I had the opportunity to go on an afternoon date to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. It was a LOT of fun. Action, good store line, great villain, and just fun to revisit these iconic characters. I am also looking forward to taking O to the movies this summer too. There are some awesome kids' movies coming up: Monsters' Inc., II,  Despicable Me II, and Planes to name a few.

Someone's birthday!! In very short order, our house's No. 1 toddler will be turning 3!! This still baffles me. I love getting to see his imagination take off at this stage. He can now play pretty well "by himself" while I'm doing laundry or something. Another thing I've noticed is that when he gets in trouble or scared, he makes up a story about another little boy or "his brother" to help get his feelings across. Sometimes these stories are a little sad, and other times, these stories are so stinkin' funny I have to turn away not to upset him with my laughter!

The end of the MBA!! Joe will be done with his MBA at the end of July. We are so proud of Joe's accomplishments and dedication in this program, but losing him for two days a week plus studying and weekend meetups with groups is not high on our family fun list. We will all be so happy when Joe (and our bro-in-law Jamie) completes this goal!!

Moving closer to baby!! Sheesh...it seems September is closer than it should. I can't believe I'll have a 3yo and a newborn pretty soon!

Summer 2013 seems to be bringing all sorts of fun and excitement. Bring it on and bring on the pool while we're at it...or cooler temps. One can dream, right??

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Yay for summer! Our theater has free kids movies thru the summer; does yours?

Leanna said...

No free movies of course. Gotta love the big city, but there are a few that do $1 shows.

Leanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.