Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Crafty Fun

So,I like to craft, but with short one, my craft time is few and far between.

I need something easy and fast these days. Enter the t-shirt wreath.

I saw this on a blog a while back and decided, yep, that's my skill level these days. Cut, stick and glue!

What you will need:
- t-shirt material - about 3/4 yard or an XXL t-shirt
- scissors
- glue gun
- cardboard
- ribbon

Step 1: Cut out a LOAD of squares. And when you think you have enough, cut out more. Trust me. My squares were about 1.5"x1.5"

Step 2: Cut out your desired shape out of a sturdy cardboard. It needs to be able to hold weight, or reinforce a thinner cardboard with wood or plastic pieces on the back.

Step 3: Scrunch up with a point at the bottom like you would do with tissue paper. Place a dot of glue on the bottom point and glue to your shape.

Step 4: Place pieces right up close to one another. This will give you the fluffy look and hold up your material as you go along. KEEP GLUING!

Step 5: Glue, staple or pin your ribbon on the back of your shape to hang.

Step 6: Step back, and enjoy!

4 comments:

Margie said...

Love it!

dining room tables said...

This is great! I love the directions. They are clearly stated. Good job!

Dreamer.Thinker.Player. said...

Very cute!

Ray Allen said...

Cute!