Monday, January 10, 2011

Kitchen Nightmares

So, have you seen that show Kitchen Nightmares? I feel like I am there.

Ok, so I don't have a surly Englishman cussing at me, or scary food around I wouldn't feed to a rat, but I am there.

I have no counters. I have no sink. I have no microwave. I have no dishwasher. And the last doesn't help a bit...as ALL of my dishes are coated in drywall aftermath.

It all started with, "I want new countertops."

Stupid, stupid, stupid Leanna!!

We had these horrible tiles on the counter and wall. The grout was a nightmare to clean, it was dark and it made me sad. So for Christmas, Joe and I gifted each other with new counters, a stainless sink and backsplash.

Enter back in horrible tile. The dumbbutt that put it in used all the wrong materials, so the only way to get it out was to cut out the wall. Waaaahhhhh!!!!

Then you have to put up new Sheetrock. Ok, fine. I even got to help. BUT THEN, you have to sand. WAAAHHHH! I just gave up.

So, I KNOW I will be in love with it when the counters are in and I have a sink again and the power is back on in my little kitchen. I can live without a backsplash for a LONG TIME.
But, for right now, until those men are installing, I am in a Kitchen Nightmare. Please pray for me!

Please.

(pictures coming later...sorry, I missed getting a pic before we put the drywall back up.)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Well on the bright side, you get to go out to eat, right? :)