Monday, July 06, 2009

Everyone Needs a Little WT...

Ha!

Well, maybe you don't need it, but it does seem to creep in every once in a while.

We had a fantastic weekend! My parents rode into town for 4th festivities and more wedding activities.

Thursday we took Jennifer's bridal pics, and what a marathon that was with hair and makeup, flowers and photos. I was one tuckered kiddo, and it wasn't even about me. I chalk it up to ME being the one running around getting, positioning, snapping and so on. I was a bit bummed with my own photos I took. Jenni's photographer is fast and has a super huge lens. I am not and I do not. Enough said. Oh well...practice, practice, practice.

Friday was an excellent day spent with the hubster and the pupster. We just had fun, and got things done around the house. THEN it was time for Kaboom Town in Addison! I LOVE IT!

Usually, we set up shop in Joe's parents' office overlooking the Addison Airport, but this year, they changed office locations to the side of the building, so no more straight shot. Instead, we set up camp in the back of our pickup. Chips, dip, sandwiches, cake, brownies, beer, cokes, trash, blankets, purses, chairs, dog, family --- ALL IN THE BACK OF OUR TRUCK at some point in time. See where the WT comes in??? Oh, but it was fun.

And as we were eagerly anticipating the start of the show, staring at our watches, commenting, "Yep, it's 9:30, they should be about to start..." SPLOOOOUUUSSHHHHH!!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

The office sprinklers set off, dousing everyone down the edge of the parking area. Food gets wet, people get wet, chairs get wet, dog gets wet, guitar and music get wet. Do you see a theme here? Sadly, our camp got separated with half in the back of the truck and half further into the empty, weedy field. Oh, but the fireworks were great and we did have a fun time.

The 4th we did in style with a pool party and grilling topped off with the city fireworks viewed from our neighborhood sidewalk.

Man, I love this holiday! Freedom is precious and fireworks are awesome!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

okay, so what's WT?

Leanna said...

White trash! =)