Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Patience and Understanding

These are two things I'm usually good at but I have encountered the one person who tries both of these for both me and for Ryker.

You may have heard me speak of her before. I shall call her Boxer Lady. She does not like us.

Way back when, when we first got Ryker, he was accompanying me to the car and caught a wiff of Boxer Lady and Boxer Dog. (she has a boxer, an 80+ lb male boxer). Ryker sprinted after them a little ways down from our house on the sidewalk. From the time I made it from the door to the dogs, they were growling and snapping. She then proceded to lambast me up oneside and down the other. Neat.

Anywhoo, since then, Joe and I have tried saying hi and waving to Boxer Lady and Boxer Dog when we see them. We get nothing in return. PERHAPS a look of disgust, but usually just a head down and move to the other side of the street.

Joe and I went garage sale hopping last Saturday and hit one up directly behind our house a bit. We left Ryker in the car and he started barking. Joe went to check on him only to report that Boxer Lady and Boxer Dog were walking by. He also noted that Boxer Lady stopped and looked like she was going to say something to Joe, but shook her head and kept walking.

THEN today, Ryker and I were saying goodbye to Joe as he left for the day. I usually wave from the poarch and Ryker eats leaves (don't ask me, I have no clue). But today, he caught a wiff and Joe did not warn us from his vantage point of the street. You guessed it. Boxer Lady and Boxer Dog.

Ryker started sprinting and whining. Joe and I both called. He stopped and started coming back where I grabbed his collar and said good dog as we went back to the house. (Please note, that Ryker DID listen and didn't leave our property! Go Ryk!) Meantime Boxer Lady has the look of fear in her eyes and is jerking up on 80 lb Boxer Dog's leash (also note that Ryk is 40 lbs and a head shorter). UGHHH!

This is the only dog Ryker has ever shown aggression towards and I believe it is because they tussled, the boxer is a bigger dog, he's protecting me and his territory AND most of all, they've never been introduced properly.

This lady grates at me. She makes me mad and sad. And the only conversations I've had with her is when she's yelling at me or accusing me. I try to be nice, I try to smile. But I think I am over it. AND if we're such the spawns of satan that we seem to be, why does she keep walking by our house??

It is silly I know. But I pray about it and just hope that God shows me what he'll have me do. In the meantime, I hope I just don't have to see her. Boo.

1 comment:

SPECIAL SPECK said...

Awww...sorry guys. Maybe her boxer dog will turn on her. Oh, that's not a very nice thing to type...well I hope that it gets better, or that she moves. And props to Ryk for staying in the yard and obeying. J bought UP for me (this is China you know where movies come out on DVD before they even come out for real). So, I'm gonna watch it soon...maybe tonight. The guy looks like my grandpa (not the one you know...the other one).