Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Music

In my quest to expand my horizons or at lest get out of musical ruts, I try to find new things.

I remembered this random movie, "Once," that one the Academy Award last year for best song, "Falling Slowly." So, when we were at the new video store the other night, that is MUCH cheaper and nicer than blockbuster, we rented it.

It was very interesting and sometimes you had to work to follow it, because One: it's an Irishman and a Czech woman - accents abounding. Two: it's an indie, so there's a bit of weird camera angles...but other than that it was a really interesting and sweet film filled with great music.

Which led me to find out more about the lead actor/singer guy. Turns out he's the lead for the Irish band, The Frames, which has a great folksy-alternative-rock sound. I LOVE IT! And they also have a great violinist...so here is a bit of music for your listening and learning pleasure. Check it out!





ALSO< keep up the posting on the vacuums ppl! I need to know!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Very cool! I love the first song...their voices are amazing together!

Why is the movie rated R? Found it on B-buster and trying to decide if I should rent it.

Leanna said...

Didn't even know it was rated R. They say the F word a few times, but it's with an Irish accent, so you don't even notice because you're still trying to figure out what else they're saying! =)