Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Answers...


So begins my long post to your most pressing questions. Thanks for participating!

1) Why are you so calm when something is clearly about to swallow you whole??
Well, you know, that's one of my more favorite traits about me, calm under pressure. Guess it goes with 'trust in the Lord always!'

2) Do you think we'll ever have flying cars? Or what do you think the future of cars is?
Can I just say that I am a little bit bitter concerning this question. I distinctly remember being told during kindergarten and first grade, that this is what we were to expect by our graduation in 2000. But, seriously, yes I do. We know the technology is there with planes, shuttles and hover crafts, we just need someone to combine them into an economical and environmentally friendly package. It would save us money on building and maintaining our roads and be really fun! I really think the Jetsons were onto something with their zippy cars that folded up nicely into a briefcase. Space saving and family-friendly!

3) What is a favorite day for you?
A favorite day is sleeping in until I want to get up. A fun breakfast, stuffed french toast at IHOP is always great, or maybe a Starbucks. Then a random activity with Joe or meeting up with friends and the most important thing...NOT watching the clock.

4) What is your biggest disappointment in your past?
Letting something small have such a large impact between me and Joe while we were dating.

5) What is your greatest hope for your future?
That I will finally find the thing that makes me happy professionally and that we have a few wonderful children.

6) What's your favorite thing about Joe?

The look in his eyes when he sees me and I know he loves me for me no matter what in that one look! I also love his determination whether it's working something out between the two of us, working on a project or at his job.

7) What's your favorite praise & worship song?
Right now, I'd have to say Beautiful, Scandelous Night. I love the way our church does it best, but here's another fun one!



8) Where do you see yourself in five years? … ten years?

Truthfully, I never like this question. I just don't get it. I am a very much take what comes when it comes kind of person. If I say, I see myself still in Coppell with a baby, that might be great, but what if I change my mind. What if something totally crazy comes along. Am I a fickle person for not sticking with the “plan?” So I guess my best answer is wherever God wants me to be – and hopefully that means happy and with my family and friends.

9) If you could travel anywhere (money is no object) where would you go?
Oh, I would take an adventure. Go to Ireland and stay on the coast in some small village and frequent the pub and talk to the old men. I would take a cruise of the Mediterranean stopping in Italy, Greece and wherever else strikes my fancy. I would travel to Fiji, Australia and New Zealand to see who really does have the best surf. And then I might wrap it all up with a quick African safari and rain forest expedition to see if I like the wide open or the lush tropics better. Sounds like I need one big honkin’ suitcase.

10) Who do you think you will vote for in the next election?
Ugh, what a depressing question. D.) None of the above. Right now, I guess it would have to be McCain. As the other two can’t seem to stop throwing tantrums in the sandbox to really do some good.

11) Will we ever get a chance to sing a Dixie Chicks song together?
The magic eight ball says “it is decidedly so!”

12) If you could make three wishes (small or big) what would they be? Would you have made these same wishes ten years ago? Explain.
Three wishes, hmmm:
1. That wouldn’t have to work at jobs unless we really wanted to because we had an endless supply of money.
2. That it would really be feasible to make a retreat/city made up of our wonderful friends. It’s so tough living far from your most favorite people.
3. Someone else would ALWAYS do, fold and put up the laundry. – So as you can clearly see, these are not wishes I would have had earlier in life.

13)What make you the most happy?
What makes me the most happy is relaxing and spending time with family and friends. Nothing rushed, nothing that planned. Oh, and throw in a good, long book, a Coke and some Mexican food and I am SET! Quality time, good food and a cool breeze. I really don’t know what’s better in life.

14) Is your present job your dream job, or have you had your dream job, or what would that be?
My present job is subbing at the local schools, so CLEARLY this is not my dream job. I have NOT had my dream job. And currently I couldn’t tell you what that dream job would be. I think what I would love to do is have some neighborhood shop in a little town where I can cater to tourists and my local buddies, but have the freedom and luxury to close up shop and enjoy the last question any time I please.

15) What has been the most difficult adjustment you have faced in being married (vs. single)?
I think the having to ask before you commit to something. I love being able to do stuff with people, even if it is last minute and a bit farther than I’d really like to go. With being married, I have two things that hinder this. The first is wanting to do as much in life with Joe as possible, but not every situation involves Joe or Joe might not even want to do it. So it’s deciding if it’s worth it to go myself, or just say, “No, catch you later.” The second is that sometimes my partner in crime CAN’T go or doesn’t want to go and sometimes that has to be the deciding factor. So, a few less girl nights or random travels, but all worth it in the end.

16) What is your biggest hang up and how are you working overcoming it?
My biggest hang-up might be procrastination or indecision. And amazingly both go hand in hand. I can’t really tell you how I am fixing them, as I am putting off the problem! =)
No….part of it is relying on my husband to give me a swift kick in the pants, and the other is to make just a rough plan of what I want to get done or need to do. Usually just in my head, as I’m really not a list person, and it seems to help.

17) What advice do you have as far as looking for a job you enjoy?
God only knows on this one. I’m still waiting to find out. =(

18) No questions from me. I just wanted to say that I really like this picture. Where was it taken?
Ahem…this is a question. It was taken at Deception Pass on Whidbey Island, WA. Absolutely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Thanks Merritt for making sure we knew where to go!

19) Whose body is crushed under the foot of an Imperial walker in Empire Strikes Back?
Jamie, I have no idea. But I do know the correct term is an All Terrain Armored Transport, or AT-AT walker.

Well, I hope everybody learned something, and please, if you have found my perfect job, would you make sure I find it too!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

1) "Calm under pressure" reminds me of the time a room on our dorm floor caught on fire...we watched a girl run past our door with a Brita pitcher, and you were the only one who thought to get the fire extinguisher! Such a funny story.

7) I have only heard this song done by Smalltown Poets, and I've never thought of it as a praise/worship song. I like this version!

9) Your big honkin' suitcase needs to be big enough to hold me!

18) I'm glad you also recognized this "non question" as a question. :)

Thanks for your excellent answers! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!

Emily said...

Love the answers. I think my favorite answer was to the what do you see in the (five/ten year) future. You are so laid back, genuine, and funny. I am so glad that you are my friend and I cannot wait to sing a little diddy with you one day!