Friday, December 21, 2007

A House of Our Very Own!

That's right folks! We did it! Joe and I have closed, have our new house keys in our hot little hands, and we are the proud owners of our very own house at 140 Cherrybark!

So now begins the flurry of projects, the moving of the stuff and the transferring of providers to our new abode. I have yet to see where this owning a house thing is supposed to "save" you money... nice theory!

But we are excited and we're going to put our noses to the grindstone to get the place looking spiffy so we can start the place off right with a party and a puppy! Who could ask for more, right?

Thanks for all of your prayers along the way. God does have a plan. Now, if only he'd let us use his Home Depot account...

6 comments:

T said...

YayyyY!!! Congratulations Home Owner! It will seem expensive at times but it will be so nice once you get all settled.

KarenD said...

Wow, you're a real live home owner. That makes you like an adult or something!

Congrats!

Matt & Bri said...

Yeah, there is no "saving money" when buying a house. There is always something else to fix once you finally seem to have it all done. But it is worth it to have a place to call your own and do with what you please. Congrats and enjoy those mortgage payments.

Carolyn said...

Congratulations to you both on your selection of your first house. Send me a private email with the town and zip so I can update my address book, please.

And keep us updated with pics of the "before" and "after" work you do. I love decorating....and after 9 houses I know what I like, finally. :)

Emily said...

I am SO SO excited for you guys! We expect a dinner invite in the next few weeks- HAHA. I can't wait to see it in person. If you need a painter I have a one and a half year old that is great with fingerpaints ;)

Margie said...

Congrats Leanna & Joe, Home Owners!