Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fear of Firsts

I'm feeling a little anxious.

And it's still just September.

See, my family and in-laws are going on a ski vacation at then end of November.

Did I mention yet that I've never gone skiing and have barely seen enough snow for someone to ski on even if they wanted.

I also have a problem with cold weather. I'm not really a fan. I'm more of a beach gal or cool 70 degrees weather gal.

BUT...I'm going to suck it up. I'm going to try, I think. Unless I get a better offer.

BUT...I'm super excited to see my men in their snow gear. How cute will O be. I bet he'll be sledding with the pros by the end of the weekend.
BUT...if all else fails, I'll be sitting cozy inside some coffee shop sipping some hot chocolate or whatnot watching the snow fall by a nice warm fire. Now that, I am not anxious at all about.

Anyone else have any weird fears of firsts?

3 comments:

KarenD said...

Yeah, skiing is not for me. I've been three times now, and well, the third time was NOT a charm. I don't want to taint your experience. Some people love it. And then there are people like me who fall off the ski lift and get stuck in a pile of snow.

I'm with you on the cold bit, though. Brrrrr.

Unknown said...

Yes! I fear doing new things full stop but I have to push myself to break the habit! I went to New York for my first proper holiday abroad away from my mum and i was just panicking all the time I wouldn't relax until the third or fourth day! Where are you skiing? Have fun relax and enjoy :)

Unknown said...

Yes! I fear doing new things full stop but I have to push myself to break the habit! I went to New York for my first proper holiday abroad away from my mum and i was just panicking all the time I wouldn't relax until the third or fourth day! Where are you skiing? Have fun relax and enjoy :)