Sunday, October 09, 2011

Hits and Misses ::edited::


I've fallen in with the cool crowd and joined Pinterest. Is it still cool if EVERYONE is doing it? (I digress.)

If you haven't joined this site you should. It is a visual bookmark for all the cool stuff you find on the web. Looking to redesign your house? Start a "dream home" board. Love to sew? Start a "craft and sewing" board...

Well, one of my pin boards is food. And with a few recent shindigs, I tried out a recipe or two. One a hit. One a miss.

Big, Fat Hit #1: Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Yummy!!!
It was fairly easy to make, though it did call for quite a few ingredients. I made this for a friend who recently had a baby (Hi, Emily!), and still had some left for our family too! You can also decide on your designated spice level depending on what sauces you use and if you want to throw anything else in the mix.
I will definitely make again.

Big, Fat Hit #2: Sopapilla Cheesecake
I saw this on pinterest here, but the recipe I actually made was from my good buddy, Karen. This is a great recipe for a friendly gathering, nothing too fancy, nice, gooey and warm. A few things though: gotta watch out that the butter doesn't just pool on top. And, I mixed half the sugar and cinnamon with the butter to pour on top, then sprinkled the remaining over that. I feel that helped give it a little crunch on top.
Here's Karen's recipe:
Sopapilla Cheesecake...

2 cans crescent rolls
2 pkgs. cream cheese
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick butter

Layer the first can of crescent rolls out flat in a 9x13 greased baking pan. Mix together softened cream cheese, 1 c. sugar, and vanilla. Spread over crescent rolls and then add the next can of rolls as the second layer. Melt the butter and mix with 1/2 c. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Drizzle over top. 
Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Enjoy!

Big. Sad Flop: Lemoncello Cake
Won't link up, due to dissapointment.
If you come across it, just say no. Now, barring I did not use the liquor they mentioned, the cake just turned out sad and heavy. I had such high hopes, but it got squashed.

Lesson: you just got to try! I look forward to more experiments and hopefully more success stories too! Sign up, start pinning and let me know if you come across something great!

4 comments:

Margie said...

You can't share a great success story like that with a yummy pic and not include the recipe. :) Post, would love to try. ;)

Emily said...

Good to know. This has been on my list to try. We tried Honey lime chicken enchiladas and they were amazing!! The kids were licking their plates.

Leanna said...

Margie, the link's there...just click on Yummy! or you can find it in my pinterest board.

Margie said...

sweet - thanks!