Friday, April 15, 2011

What the Hail?

Seriously, what the hail??

Last night was crazy. We didn't even know anything was rolling into town before the low, super-sonic thunder started rumbling. So, we turn on the weather and see a squall line is moving in and it should be a quick shower over in about 15 minutes.

And here it comes...the rain came. The lightening started flashing, and the loudest, scariest thunder started sounding. Poor Owie awoke with a cry, so I went in to get him and that's when the hail started.

It was CRAZY!! I had NEVER heard it that loud. I do NOT like hail. I started freaking out for poor Rufus, our trusty Civic. He does not like the elements, but the garage was a little full. We were just going to let him be, but it was getting worse...and that's when we heard the window break.

The stinkin' hail broke a window!!!! WHAA???
So, Joe rushed in the garage and started making room, I went to help and Owen got to see one heck of a storm. When I raised the garage door for Joe to bring Rufus around, Owen could hardly believe his little eyes and ears; it was pretty cute!

We waited it out to put Owen back to bed, about 45 mins in total, playing Peek-a-boo and such. Feed him, put him back down, and listened to him babble for a bit.

What a night.

So far all I've found are the broken window and several dings on Rufus. I DO NOT like this side of DFW.

You can take your hail and shove it!
Your biggest non-fan,
Leanna

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Aw. No fun when Hail is around, that's for sure. Glad everyone was ok!