Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Day the Earth Stood Still

It started out so simple. An ordinary action. An ordinary action that soon began spiraling into chaos and tears.

A sync. An update. An iPhone.

Easy.

Then despair struck. Something went wrong. Something decided to attempt to kill my poor phone and rob me of the precious memories of my little family and friends. EVIL!!!
I panicked. I began searching Google. Nothing could point me to another way than the dreaded "Restore." Restore -- to return to factory settings, meanwhile deleting all media, pictures and video. Noooo!

I called my brother-in-law, Jamie, on Google Chat. He'd know what to do right?? I told him all I knew and all I saw. He sounded doubtful, but he emailed his tech guru, Zach. Zach emailed quickly with the dreaded answer, the only thing to do was "Restore."

Depression set in. I'd have to do it. I'd lose all my cute Owie videos. My happy memories on the fly. Gone! GONE!

I sucked it up. Put on my big girl pants, and clicked the "Are you Sure" button.

Several minutes later, my phone returned. But wait, it returned with everything on it!

Just another small miracle helping us remember there is a God!

So, what have we learned. BACK UP! BACK UP! BACK UP!! And pray. And that apple, along with every other electronics maker can suck too!


No comments: