Wednesday, December 01, 2010

A Few Ways to Make a Difference

I love Christmas time. I don't always love the craziness that comes with it. But, I love the kindness, the giving and the cheer that usually surfaces this time of year. (I also LOVE Caramel Brulee drinks from Starbucks, but that's another story!)

This season though, I've come across two causes that have really struck a chord with me and wanted to pass along to you all, if you're looking for some place to give this Christmas. And trust, me, these will be great places to give!

1. Shiloh Restored -- Our friends Lali and Niji have started a new mission, along with everything else in their crazy-busy lives, to save baby girls in India from infanticide. They are raising money through their mission to rescue, house, educate and love on these unwanted girls. Lali and Niji also plan to move to India in the next few years to run this mission first-hand.

Lali and Niji's core belief is that each human life is of great value and all are created equal in the sight of God. The name of the rescue mission is Shiloh Restored - this name seemed fitting because the word Shiloh has its origin in Hebrew and means “God’s gift” - Join them in working to see God's Gift Restored!


2. Reece's Rainbow - Make Christmas Count for Cliff
My sweet sweet friend Lydia welcomed her second son into the world this August. Little James was born with Down Syndrome. This was a surprise to all of us. Little James is perfect in his different-ness. But what was really different, is how this opened my eyes to these special kiddos like James who need loving just like our 'perfectly normal' kiddos (whatever that means,right!)

While reading a few blogs I frequent, I came across Cliff's story and the Reece's Rainbow organization. This group helps facilitate the international adoption of children with DS or other special needs. HOW AWESOME! The blogs I was reading are teaming up to make this Christmas count for Cliff, a special little boy looking for a home. If you can, donate big or small and help this little cutie find his forever home.

May God truly bless you and your family this year. And let's help to bless so many of those out there that need a little love too!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing these causes with us!

Lydia said...

That kiddo IS a cutie!