Thursday, September 23, 2010

When I was Little

When I was little, I had an escape plan in case the bad men came.

I had a giant window right over my bed, you see. And I had a fear that bad men might come in, never mind my sister had the same giant window and she was the first room in the house.

So my plan was to hide under my bed right next to the window wall and wait for them to leave, then I would crawl out, jump out the window and run to my neighbors' house.

Weird, I know. But these are the things you worry about when you're a little kid.

2 comments:

KarenD said...

Ha! I had developed an "escape plan" like this when I worked at the bank. It always made me a little paranoid that my office was right next to the vault... so if robbers came, I was going to hide under my desk and then shimmy over to the storage closet when I could... too bad there were always roaches in there! (But they had these sliding cabinets that I figured I would fit it and wait it out.)

Lydia said...

I always worried about bad men coming in the house, too, ESPECIALLY when I was visiting my grandparents in DFW. All the lights and sirens creeped me out. At my house in Orange, I had scary shadows in my window from trees. Didn't take too much imagination (of which I had plenty!) to see people outside instead of trees!