Monday, September 20, 2010

When I was Little

thiWhen I was little, I LOVED to read (I still do). I hated to put down my book if I was really into it.

I would read in our tree. I would read under my bed. I would read in my bath tub.

One day I decided to read on my bike.

I was going over to visit a friend, and I thought, oh yeah, I can totally do this. So I started reading while riding my bike. I used to be super cool and could ride without using my hands. All was going good until it wasn't.

I ran into a parked van. Yep. I did. I'm pretty sure I even left a dent in the bumper.

So, what did I do? I looked around, didn't see anyone, and pedaled away as fast as I could!

From this I learned, I cannot read and ride! Wow, is this like a medieval form of texting and driving? Hmmm...well, good thing I don't do that!

And, for whoever's van that was all those years ago, sorry about that! =D

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hahaha! Kind of reminds me of the time I almost ran into a parked vehicle when I was on my bike...except I wasn't reading...and I was a freshman in college.

I have a friend who reads while driving. Yikes.