Friday, August 13, 2010

My Generation

Have you seen the previews for this new ABC show, My Generation?


It's about Class of 2000 high school graduates from Austin, TX (ha! right?). I AM a Class of 2000 high school graduate.

According to the previews, we should already have taken over the world, made our millions and be content. However, we get to see that for a bunch of these 'losers' it hasn't happened that way yet.

IT HASN'T PEOPLE!!! I didn't know I was supposed to have everything figured out in 10 short years after graduating high school. Do you know how silly, and full of ourselves and crazy ideas we were at 18?

To be honest, it really has depressed me a bit. Every time I see a commercial for it, I think, what did I do wrong? Did I do something wrong?

I probably did do several things wrong, but I don't think I'm someplace I'm not supposed to be. I love my family and our lives together. There are definitely things I would like to change, but I don't think we should be made to feel guilty for not ALL being the president of the United States. Because, you know, that's only a one-person job.

I don't know if I'll tune in this fall. I guess it depends on my mental state. But, to all those other 2000 grads. I love you, keep on keeping on. And kudos to you for graduating high school!

3 comments:

KarenD said...

In high school, they did these awards like "most likely to become a professional athlete" and "most likely to find the cure for cancer." Do you know what mine was?? "Most likely to become the first female president" Hmm, I'm not exactly on that path, now am I?

Have not seen previews for the show, though.

Carolyn said...

ha, Karen! That was what somebody wrote in MY annual, too! No wonder we get along so well...we could run the world!! lol

Lydia said...

Okay, for some reason I was thinking it was a real documentary, but I'll be more likely to watch it (and less likely to be depressed) knowing it's souped up for TV. Might be interesting!