Thursday, November 05, 2009

Knowing One's Limitations...

I really should know better.

I really should remember my limitations.

But I get frustrated.

I can do NOTHING in a straight line. Walk - no. Cut - no. Draw - no. Drive - best of all (thank you power steering).

Ugh, I'm trying my hand at a patchwork blanket. I see so many beautiful creations out there in the blogosphere. I think, "Dude, I can totally do that." (yes, dude) So I bust out my little scraps, trace my square, cut, sew. Noooo....

Why don't they match up? Why? You're all supposed to be the same size! I use the same seam allowance? What are you doing to me!? Arg.

Let the seam ripping ensue. =(

2 comments:

KarenD said...

Well, I can actually cut a straight line on paper, but I can't sew save my life! I admire your attempts!

Aw, a dog hanging out with his owner at Starbucks. Somehow that makes me think of you... coffee in hand, cute dog at your side...

Ian now says "cawffee" when he wants breakfast. Hmmm.

Leanna said...

So I fixed it and there's till one or two squares a little off, but I think we did something good here. Now just need to find backing fabric and giant ric-rac!

Oh, Karbo, Ryker and I would love to join you at Starbucks. We'll be there shortly.