Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Couponing...

Couponing - a way of life for some; a trivial waste of time for others - which are you?

After enjoying our lovely dinner out on the town with my sissy and bro-in-law WITH OUR COUPON we all commented that we enjoyed saving money with our coupons!
We enjoyed two steak dinners at Roadhouse for a whopping $15.

So it got me thinking, do others of you dine with coupons? Do you clip coupons from the Sunday paper? Where do you find your savings?

I subscribe to most e-blasts from the stores and restaurants I frequent and end up getting some very good deals. Especially around Christmas and birthdays.

I used to get the paper every other Sunday and enjoy a lazy afternoon of paroozing the ads and clipping coupons. However, when the Dallas Morning News hit $3 or $3.50 for a Sunday paper, I've since quit.

I guess if I am doing my couponing diligently and remembering to bring them to the store, I would recoup the cost, but I haven't quite been able to do that.

Would love to hear from you where you find your savings and if you have some good places online, we'll add a few links!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Leanna- We recently started clipping coupons for grocery store and save on average $30. We almost always have a coupon for eating out or are taking advantage of free kid's meals. The way I get my coupons is through the restaurant/stores emails or coupons in the mail that we use the most. We also go to McAlister's deli a lot and use their punch cards. I hope everyone is catching on to this, it feels so good saving money. :)

Lydia said...

I can't save money with grocery coupons. It's almost always less expensive to just get the generic brand, and the rare time that it's not is not worth my time to hunt for them.

Wal-Mart honors competitor ads, so I've been doing that. The major thing that saves on is produce. I go through all the ads and find the fruit that's about a dollar a pound (especially grapes when they were in season!). I can usually find some good deals. But again, when the grapes at Wal-Mart were 1.79, saving .79 a pound (maybe 2.00 total) doesn't really add up to a whole lot each week. Also, if enough people bring in ads, Wal-Mart automatically updates the price to the lower one! So a lot of times I get there and the price is already as good or better as the deal I found.