Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Perfect Day!

Getting old may suck, but birthdays sure don't. (at least in my book!) If you ignore the date and welcome all the love and goodness that comes with birthdays, you really can't go wrong.

And so it was with this year. My wonderful hubby took off a half day of work to treat me to a perfect day.

It started with a lovely lunch at Jason's Deli (complete with a Mavericks player spotting). Then we ventured down to the Dallas World Aquarium. We almost circled the building seven times, but finally found the entrance hidden in all the foliage. GREAT!

We started off our viewing by checking out some fun howler monkeys and birds, when...WAMMMOOOO....right between Joe's and my head. After holding in a few choice words, we noticed it was a birdy that had PLOWED into the glass. He really looked like he wasn't going to get up, so Joe went off in search of a keeper and I guarded the bird from the annoying boy wanting to pet it. When mr. keeper came, the bird had gotten onto its feet finally, so he scoped it up and informed us, "She tried this yesterday too." NEAT! A suicidal bird. So, needless to say, I was on edge for a bit of our exploring. Here are some of our pics from the event.



After the aquarium, we went to Zea's for some good food, complete with a piece of chocolate cake served with a glass of cold milk. Does it get better?

Intermission consisted of Joe giving me a book on photography and informing me that donations have been made for me to get the all new Canon Rebel XSI!!! Wahoo!

The day ended with a 'private showing' (as we were the only ones in the theatre) of the Tale of Despereaux. A noble tale of a noble mouse that saves his kingdom and the princess.

Like I said, a perfect day. If it takes getting older to have more wonderful days with the people I love, I guess I'll go for it!

Thank you all for the special birthday wishes!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Here's to many more!

Margie said...

Barbara Manatee...you are the one for me...you came from up above...Happy belated birthday. Glad you had an awesome time at the aquarium.

Lydia said...

I'm so glad you had an awesome birthday! And I can't wait for you to get your new camera!!