Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Meet Carl

This weekend we welcomed a new family member into the O'Brien household.
Carl, an October Glory Red Maple!!!How exciting, I know!!! We've been wanting a tree for a while and I LOVE maples and I love fall...so why not a striking red tree for our backyard. After a short/long trip to Lowe's, Joe dug Carl a little home and set him right in.
Planter Joe
Our constant supervisor, Ryker.
Welcome Carl! We love you!
The very first thing we've planted at our new house!

5 comments:

KarenD said...

Yeah, I was totally confused on who Carl was. How cute, you named your tree!

Lydia said...

Hooray!! I've been wanting to plant a tree, and maples are so pretty! Congratulations!

AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

SPECIAL SPECK said...

Ha ha...Karen said just what I was going to say! "You named your tree!" ha. I like Ryker too. He is so cute. I want a dog!!!

Leanna said...

Ok, so I know it's a little funny to name your plants. I've never done it before...but I've never planted a tree before. This is a big thing! And it helps me remember a bit easier to go look on him and water him. =)

T said...

Carl as a tree name makes me smile. Ryker is a cutie!