Sunday, March 16, 2008

When Pigs Fly - or - When Leanna Gets a Dog

That's right folks! I finally got my puppy, after 26 years!!!

His name is Ryker, and he is a "shepherd mix," or whatever that means. He is red and brown with white paws and a white chest area. Joe and I like to say he looks like a fox! He is about 7 months old, so we like to say he's a toddler. Has a good handle on most things, but there are some areas he needs some training!

Here are a few pictures to introduce you to Ryker.

So far, he has been a great dog that rode home ON MY LAP!He walks pretty good on a leash, he doesn't quite get fetch.He is a cuddle bug.

He stole his cousin's 'baby' last night, and that was NOT good. But I think they made up.Can't wait for you all to meet him. He's a fun one!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

HOORAY!!

DOUBLE HOORAY!!!!

I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to meet him!

KarenD said...

Yay! How fun!

LeahD said...

yay for having a dog finally! Its SO great to be a dog parent!

Emily said...

Congrats on the new addition! That is one cute dog and I love the name. Can't wait to meet him in person.