Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Book Tag - You're it!

Ok, so here's another one of those random blogger games. I guess we get to see what we really are reading, not just talking about...

The rules: "Look up from the computer, look around the room where you're sitting and pick up the closest book. And closest really means closest. No cheating by running upstairs to unearth your pink-highlighted college copy of The Critique of Pure Reason or the Prolegomena. Open the book, turn to page 123, count down to the fifth sentence on that page, and then post the next three sentences."

So here we go:
Adobe Illustrator CS Classroom in a Book (I may be behind, but at least I'm learned.)

"Depending on where you begin to redraw the path and in which direction you drag, you may get unexpected results. For example, you may unintentionally change a closed path to an open path, change an open path to a closed path, or lose a portion of the shape.
4. Use the smooth tool, in the same group as the pencil tool in the toolbox, to round out the shape of a curved segment (deleting anchor points if necessary."

(Sorry, I only had two sentences left on the page!)

You're it! Leave a comment if you're going to keep it going!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Bible (seriously!)
"The people went around gathering it [manna], and then ground it in a handmill or crushed it in a mortar. They cooked it in a pot or made it into cakes. And it tasted like something made with olive oil."

I'm also reading Treasure Island and The Business of Studio Photography, but they're in other rooms. I bet Treasure Island would be interesting to pull three sentences from, but I haven't gotten to page 123, and I don't want to spoil the surprise!

KarenD said...

You won't believe this, but the closest book to me right now is ALSO the Illustrator Classroom in a Book. Crazy, huh?

Carolyn said...

Okay, this is a fun tag, and I wanted to participate. But I'm in my office, and the only books in here are the ones I've already read, not current ones (they're in the living room next to my easy chair). So sad...should I use a book I've already read that's in this room or cheat and go to another room? :)

Leanna said...

@ Carolyn: Do whatever makes you happiest!

@Karbo!: Yea! Adobe!

Carolyn said...

Okay, so the book closest to me in my office (and which I've already read) is: The Classic Ten - the True Story of the Little Black Dress and Nine Other Fashion Favorites, by Nancy M. Smith.

"Like many ladies, pearls appear fragile but are really quite tough - provided they are properly cared for. They should be the last thing you put on before you leave the house and the first thing you take off when you return.Pearls react adversely to perfume, oil, chlorine, hairspray, and perspiration, so they should be wiped with a soft cloth after every outing."

So, there you have it ladies, the pearl guide.