Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Life Changes

After reading everyone's blogs the last few days, seems like we are all undergoing life changes!

I've always been a little curious to see what happens with our generation. We don't have the town jobs to keep us close to "home" as much. Gender norms have been busted open for a while now. We are dependent on technology. So where does that take us? Some to foreign countries, some to new churches, some to new towns to start new churches and some to places we don't even know yet.

In keeping with the blogging topic of the moment, I'd like to share something that I am looking into pursuing. After a few years in the "corporate" world, I've seen it's really not a place for me. I enjoy people, I enjoy helping people, I enjoy learning and I even enjoy a bit of change.

So, I am considering being a teacher. I have signed up with my new school district to start subbing and I am looking into different alternative certification programs. I am exciting and doing a lot of searching, praying and advice. Whatever I wind up doing, I just hope I get an A+ in my next career choice.

2 comments:

LeahNicole said...

Yay for starting new careers! And for the appropriate apple picture! I hope you love teaching... my parents have for 30 years. Maybe one day I will do it too.

Lydia said...

I'm sure there are people in my family who could give you tons of advice. :) I think you'll be a great teacher!