Friday, February 29, 2008

Childhood Memories

Do you ever have those moments where something happens in life and it takes you right back to the sweet, carefree days of childhood. Well, I had one of those moments yesterday (and today)...

Joe, my engineer extraodinair is building a pergola, or wood awning, on our back porch. While setting the support beams and top boards, he needed some middle supports. (see illustration below)

Meanwhile, I was trying to be a good flower momma by watering my newly planted strawberries, lavender and calla lilies in hopes that they grow up strong, AND I was talking to my pal Lyd. As I was walking back to the house from examining something in the yard...POW!!!!!!

I completely drilled my precious little head into the middle supports. A few choice and incoherent words, complete with a few tears, later, I was able to describe the situation to poor baffled Lydia.

Now, back to the childhood memories...I hit my head A LOT! (not just my head, don't fear) But seriously people. The best example I have of this is in elementary school while walking in line with our class, I turned to talk to someone behind me. When I turned around I ran smack dab into a 2-foot diameter pole! So hard, mind you, I threw up, had to go to the nurse and I think I even got to go home! Go big, right?

So, yep, sweet AND traumatic childhood memories. And to report this morning, there is a bruise, but no bump!

Post note: while taking this picture, I smacked into the board on the LEFT this time on the left side of my head! Can a girl get a prayer of protection!? sheesh!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Haha! Yep, I was on the phone, witness to the event. I think you need to do a few extra Hail Marys tonight, young lady. :)

The pergola will look so nice when it's done! And I have big hopes for your flowers!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...you make me laugh! As someone else you has a tendency to bump, trip, run into things...I think it builds character! Or something like that.
Glad you are ok...with only a bruise to show of the incident! Joe will need to put "caution" tape around all his projects. =)
I love the new house....and I hope to see the house...and you and Joe soon!