Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sew, the craft bug has kicked in...

Ok, if you went to Baylor, or pretty much any college, I am sure you have a collection of t-shirts with wonderful memories you hold dear and you keep wearing because you want to stay young forever, but if you keep washing, your memories begin to fade!

So, I have taken on a project to preserve my beloved Baylor/APO memories, and have begun the construction of a "T-shirt Blanket." I've cut out my beloved t-shirts into blocks and I am now about to start the sorting process to come up with the most ascetically pleasing arrangement.


Karen has also so very nicely loaned me the use of her sewing machine, so hopefully with added help from my bestest pal Lydia, I will begin to construct my masterpiece!!!

Now, I do have another dilemma attached to the making of the t-shirt quilt. Do I cut up ALL the shirts I have??? I mean some I still really love to wear. Do I have to kill those too in order to preserve them? Or can I keep them whole and perhaps pass them along to my kids for retro day at school???

1 comment:

T said...

I say keep a few. You probably have way too many to fit on the quilt anyway. I want to make one of these too!