Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Under the weather and through the woods...


Well, I have been out of commission or running on one cylindar for the last week or so with a bit of an icky cold. I even went to the doctor and they did nothing except perscribe a Z-pac. The best part was when she said "Well, your tonsils don't look swollen." And I responded with, "Well, yes, that makes sense...I don't have any." Hmmmm....what are they teaching these kids in med school?

So anyways...I am happy to report I am getting better with a nice cough that had descided he wanted to stay for a bit longer.

This weekend, we kick of the Summer of Weddings 2007 with Joe's cousin, Amy. We're taking the fam that's not going to the rehersal dinner on Friday to one of Joe's games, so if you're around and looking for something to do, come on out for a bit of baseball and save me from the in-laws! Just kiddng!

I'm itching for an excuse to get everyone together again. Let me know if you have any ideas!

9 comments:

KarenD said...

I sorry you a sickie. Glad you're feeling better!

Lydia said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Hope the cough goes away soon.

Leanna said...

6.7.07 Cough still here, but we're battling fiercely and I feel he is retreating. Victory is in sight!

Carolyn said...

I heard if you put Vick's Vapor Rub on the soles of your feet before bed, you won't cough all night. Worth a try.

KarenD said...

On your feet? Why not on your chest like it says?

Leanna said...

Yea, Joe actually made me do this. Don't know if it did anything or not, but it did make my feet feel slimy! =)

Lydia said...

The slime is the worst part about Vicks. Otherwise I'm a big fan, but waking up to crusted goo...not a nice feeling.

KarenD said...

Don't they have Vicks plug-ins now?

Lydia said...

Yeah, but it CAN'T be the same! I think the goo definitely lends to the effectiveness. :)

They also have those tabs you put in your shower. I think that sounds like a good idea.