Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Prayer and Support

Thank you for your prayer and support for my friend Jennifer's mom, Nancy Jefferson. Just wanted to pass along that she did pass away this weekend and her funeral is today. Please continue to lift up her family as they are mourning the loss of their mother, wife and friend.

It has been eye-opening the past few months as we have gone through the loss of Joe's aunt to cancer and now with my friend's mother also to cancer. It is a very unforgiving and constantly changing disease that still has so many unknowns about it. One thing that I can say I have learned through some of this saddness in our family is to truly rely on God. He is there, his truths are in the Word and He and he alone is the one true comfort.

Joe and I have recently joined a group at church, a Toolbox class, entitled something like understanding God's truths. I am so excited, because I have felt for a while that I had lost quite a bit of my knowledge and understanding in God when I got into the "real world." It is a tough, scary, unforgiving place most of the time and I am excited about reviewing these things that God has given to us to get us through.

It's tough. I feel beat down most of the time. But I know I couldn't do it at allo without him, my Joey and my family and friends. Thanks!

1 comment:

KarenD said...

I am also amazed at how much cancer claims lives. We ALL know people... friends, family who have fought and/or fallen to cancer. All the more reason to keep those prayers going!

Thanks for the encouragement, Lea!