Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Goin' home

Well, this weekend the Dallas children, Jennifer, Joe and I, are going home to Houston, to celebrate our Mommy's birthday and to have fun food and hang out on the couch and not do laundry or cook. What bliss!

Can I tell that I consistantly feel like I am drowning in laundry. We thankfully have the blessing of our own washer and dryer, so that helps -- but it is always there -- dirty waiting to be cleaned, cleaned waiting to be folded, clean waiting to be ironed (ick!) and worst of all, all waiting to find their place in our cramped little closet or hamper.

I would like to blame most of it on Joe. I don't know why, but it seems boys go through laundry 10 times faster than girls. But, I am sure I contribute to some of it...I guess...maybe...a sock or two...occasionally...

AND also in this grand "going home adventure," we are taking a swing by our old stomping grounds of the Golden Triangle. Our old church is having it's 100-year Anniversary on Sunday and we're going down to go to church, possibly see old friends, eat at La Suprema and show Joe where I grew up.

This is very exciting for me, as Joe has never seen, only heard, of where I hail from. I do however have mixed feelings that he will disapprove or think it silly where and how I grew up. I know he won't really...but it's still there.

So, wish us luck as we journey home, I'm sure we're in for some "fun!"

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I agree that husbands contribute the most to laundry! I don't know how, but they do!

Have fun going home! At least you aren't showing him the ditches and backwoods of Orange! You at least have a mall (of sorts...)!

:)

KarenD said...

I had the orientation to the Triangle, and I survived. :-) John was so cute, he'd get excited at every street corner about something he saw or remembered.

I am amazing at how quickly my husband goes through clothes period. He's already got holes in his nice dress shirts that he's barely had three years! And he's always got holes in his jeans. Me? I can still wear clothes from junior high, and they are in good condition. He's just hard on his clothes, I guess, shoes, too! Maybe it's from all the washing they do... ??