Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On my Nightstand

Nightstands, bedside tables, whatever you call them are always interesting. They seem to collect some necessary, odd and noteworthy items for our lives.

Right now on my nightstand, I have:
- my fun Ikea lamp - I love that it looks retro and only costs $20!
- a half a glass of coke - I NEEDED it the other night, just not all of it
- a glass of water - I needed this at 2:30 in the morning - arg.
- Kleenex
- Lavender Vanilla lotion from Bath & Body Works
- Frankenstein - Lydia said she read this classic and enjoyed it, so why not give it a whirl!
- The Brothers Karamazov - this was Joe's idea! It's an interesting, but amazingly long book!


So, that's what I have right now, what about you?

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Jon read The Brothers K and liked it, but yes, long!!

Let's see...what's on my table...

- my own fun Ikea lamp, different from yours, though
- Complete Works of Shakespaere, not to read, but to be pretty and hold my...
- silver tray for holding stuff: glasses, batteries, other random items
- Bible and Bible study stuff
- Piercing the Darkness/This Present Darkness novel duo. Read the first at the beach and waiting for time to read the second
- And some book about improving mental muscle, but can't remember the name of it. Maybe if I'd read the book I'd be able to remember things. :)

Then there's all the stuff that's not supposed to be on there, like Caleb's books, mail from who knows when, and all that.

KarenD said...

A lamp... not Ikea, but from Hobby Lobby. Always a glass of water on a crystal coaster. My jewelry box. A burp cloth. A pacifier. (those two are not for me, btw) a small fan, and a book about potty training.

Our night stands tell a lot about us, huh?

Teresa said...

On my table: a lamp (from Bed, Bath and Beyond) some Kleenex, my jewelry holder (I don't sleep with my ring or watch on), some chapstick, some TUMS, and the following books: The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy, The Belly Book, and a journal. Can you tell I am preggo?? :)

Leanna said...

Haahaa, always interesting what you can find out from something so ordinary! =)

Carolyn said...

ah, and for us old-timers: a crystal lamp
a CPAP machine
a framed photo of Alan
a framed photo of Alan and me

interesting post!