Thursday, March 04, 2010

True Blue Happiness

Many of you may have read about the baby dresser drama, but in happier news...mama has a new blue dresser!

I have been thinking about getting a new dresser for a while. The one I had was a fab-o shabby chic dresser I inherited from my friend Brianna. I loved it, but it was a bit small and the drawers called for a small bout of tug-of-war every day.

So, around Christmas time, I spied this fun guy at Ikea.
I stuck it on my Amazon wish list, but didn't get it. Little did I know it was in the works for my birthday. Joe's family went to check it out and decided, though cute, it might not serve for the long haul. So they checked out a local unfinished furniture store, found one about the same and modified it to look like the Ikea one only better!

So, here's the finished guy chillin' in his new spot in our room.

And, don't worry, ye ol' shabby chic dresser has found a new home in our living room and it's PERFECT there too!

5 comments:

Emily said...

That is a cool dresser, love the color.

Carolyn said...

Love it!

Lydia said...

Very awesome! My dresser is something I use every day, but never pay attention to. It's in good condition; maybe I should consider giving it a little paint job someday. I love the blue!

Leanna said...

Yeah, we had to work to get the right blue, but I think we made a good choice! Too many colors to pick!

@ Lyd - you should totally spruce it up. it is fun to have happy furniture!

Aunt Spicy said...

super cool dresser! thanks for visiting my blog, its so fun to meet new bloggers!