Friday, August 28, 2009

Labor Day Vaca - The Countdown is ON!

Can I say that we are super excited for our Labor Day Vaca? Can I say that we are pumped to get a little bit of rest and relaxation! Yes I CAN!

The countdown is on! In a few days we will be winging our way to the North Carolina Shores to Bald Head Island.I am super excited about this because the O'Briens seem to be experts on NC, as that is where my mother-in-law and her family hail from. I have only heard about the wonders of this state, so I am excited to be included in all of this, so that one day I will have stories to make other people feel like they have missed out in life! =)
So Bald Head Island, you ask? Yeppers. It is one of the last islands of the Outerbanks Islands (OBX to those natives). It is not assessable by cars, you have to take a ferry over - then you are left with your feet, a bike or a golf cart to get you around this little place! AWESOME!

So send me your summer beach read recommendations, your addresses for post cards and your well wishes! Because we are blowing this popsicle stand!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Man, I'm jealous! I'm the only one in the family who has yet to visit NC, and now you're going, too!

You'll have tons of fun. Can't wait to see pictures!

Carolyn said...

Love NC! Have fun with the fam!