Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm going to be an aunt!

That's right.
I'm going to be an official adoptive aunt!
My bestest girl friend in the whole world (aka Lydia) is set to have a baby this coming fall!


I am so excited. Our friendship is great in so many ways because of a few things.
- We are quite random at times, with spur of the moment plans.
- We are artsy in our own ways...sadly I don't have quite the hands to get it into the world as Lydia does.
- We both have amazing husbands.
- We both like to try new things...kind of! =)

This last one comes in handy a lot when there are two of us.
- We like to experiment in the cooking department when we have time. A many fine salsa has been created with our collaborative efforts!
- She got married first, so she helped me out with things there.
- I have better directional abilities, so I try different ways and have the ability to get us out!
- Joe and I bought a house first, so we'll be so excited to help the Norvells with any questions and fix-its when it comes time
- Lyd and Jon are having a baby first. THANK GOD! So I can try out my aunty/parenting skills and joyously be able to give the lovely child back when I can take no more.

In all seriousness, I could not be happier for my two friends. What wonderful parents they will make. What wonderful memories we will make together. And what wonderful adventures await us as we all enter this crazy realm of 'parenthood'!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Auntie Leannie: You're going to be a GREAT aunt! I'm so glad to have such a close friend that I know will be around forever!

And parenting pointers for house-buying tips sounds like a good trade-off to me! :)

LeahNicole said...

OMG....craziness! Congrats to Lydia!